About Sports Remedial
Sports Remedial offers deep tissue massage for the treatment of sporting and physical injuries as well as bad back, muscle damage, whiplash and any trauma related issues.
My name is Sharon Boulter and I am a very experienced Bodyworks Practitioner, qualified to diagnose and treat most common muscle-related problems such as sprains, strains, muscle aches and skeletal alignments.
I have years experience treating a wide variety of clients not only from a sporting background, but also office workers, labourers, people with physical disabilities and the elderly. I am a friendly and outgoing person, sympathetic to my clients’ needs and each treatment is tailored to suit the needs of the individual.
What kind of problems do I treat?
Common problems for professional and amateur sports people from amateur running, rugby, golf, football, cycling, volley ball and racket sports of all kinds including remedy for these types of injury:
- Tight legs needing regular maintenance rejuvenating and advice on injury prevention
- Shoulder impingement, tennis elbow
- Tight arms where grip is used
- Trauma from impact rugby type injuries
You don’t have to be an athlete to pick up an injury and I see many clients who’ve been at their desk for seven hours - 5 days a week! Frequent issues for professional people include:
- Office workers typical neck and shoulders and repetitive strain issues
- Labourers with all types of muscles aches and pains
It doesn’t matter what your background is most people will suffer some sort or repetitive strain on the body be it upper back or lower back, or neck/shoulders. Some of my clients suffer from chronic headaches, my treatments will certainly ease and in some cases get rid of most headaches.
Many problems that affect us all as we get older can be sympathetically treated using all of my therapeutic abilities listed under my therapies section. These include:
- Manipulation - Arthritic changes and muscle tension related to this type of ailment
- Mobilisation - Stiffness due to not being as mobile or loss of confidence in using your body
- Osteopathic manipulation - Postural changes with regular therapy and maintenance
- Schedule of manual therapy - I can help with long term management and correcting issues.
As well as bad back and muscle damage the manual therapy sessions I perform can also be beneficial to those who suffer stress and stress related symptoms, massage and or craniosacral therapy.
I also regularly train in an therapy called visceral manipulation. I include this treatment at my practice as working at an internal level will definitely help put you in a better place. A lot of my clients are amazed at the results of this type of therapy.
Is Manual Therapy the correct treatment for me?
If you are unsure about whether visiting my clinic might be the right treatment for your problem, please get in touch with me and I will be happy to advise you on the best way forward. Contact me by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on my mobile phone: 07711 342316.
Sharon Boulter IIST IIHHT FTST MDip